Friday, May 23, 2008

Sleep?

We're in the middle of a full-blown Elmo obsession around here. E got these pj's and socks for her bday (as well as a stuffed Elmo, an Elmo balloon, an Elmo water sprinkler for the yard...and more...)


Despite the fact that E loves these pj's, sleep has not been going so well around here for the past two weeks - namely naps. Sweet E used to sleep 12 hours at night and nap about 2 - 2.5 hours per day...now, she's barely napping one hour. I would believe that she might need shorter naps, but she's crabby when she wakes up, and by dinner time....well, let's just say things aren't pretty around here!

Attitude? Teething? Who knows! It does look like E is ready to pop about 6 more teeth (she got six at once in January...in about 5 days...so it's highly possible we'll do this again...)

I'm hoping it's a phase that we will pass through - eventually - like so many others. I know E needs more mid-day rest than that....hopefully she'll resettle into a good routine again soon. She is still sleeping through the night, for the most part, so I'm very thankful for that!!!

2 comments:

Chasing Pure Simplicity said...

I don't know how we would have made it back from Padre without Elmo - E was content to watch him on his little DVD player for hours on end while we drove. Sometimes the little red fellow gets on my nerves, but making a 10 hour drive do-able is priceless!

Marc & Amy said...

Ames, so sorry E's a little "off" right now. Hang in there & as the experienced mom, let me know what you end up doing so I can prepare myself down the road... love ya!