Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Another game of tag...

My college chum Kristin tagged me....so here goes!

Favorite person (outside family)? The dear friends God has given to me and to my family - they are like family to me, and are a blessing to me daily. There are too many to list!

Favorite food? Chocolate! Wine! Hot tea! Steak! Pizza! Tex-Mex! Macaroni Grill on date night with hubby! Fun lunches at girly tea rooms! There are so many answers to this - hey, I love food!

Quirks about you? Oh, there are too many to list...I am obsessive about list-making, and I hate to forget anything like bday or anniversaries of friends ... I even have a schedule for sending ecards and printed cards once a month to keep up with it all! There are various other compulsions - my husband could go on and on about this one...

How would the person who loves you most describe you in ten words or less?According to my husband--(I just asked my husband this question and there is a huge pause....he is in trouble...)caring, organized, excellent mother, supportive, beautiful, good multi-tasker...

Any regrets in life? Not too many, but I regret losing touch with some close friends or seeing friendships drift away due to time, life circumstances and geography...

Favorite Charity/ Cause? Nothing too specific, but if pressed, I'd say my church, the SPCA and PBS ... we are a family that does not have cable by choice - and PBS has some of the finest programming on TV...cable or otherwise!

Favorite Blog recently? www.pleasantviewschoolhouse.com and the blog at www.momadvice.com

Something you can’t get enough of? Time with my family ... and sleep!

Worst job you've ever had? Dressing up as Hello Kitty (completed with a padded costume, tail and HUGE stuffed head) and handing out candy at the local mall.

What job would you pay NOT to have? I'm thinking the aforementioned Helly Kitty gig might fit as an answer here, too...

If you could be a fly on the wall, where? (Copying Kristin's answer on this first one...) Anywhere or anytime that Jesus was on earth. Also, would love to have a glimpse into heaven to see sweet loved ones!

Favorite Bible verse right now? "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength..." Phillipians 4:13

Guilty Pleasure? Chocolate, sweet treats in the afternoon when E is napping, with a cup of hot tea...

If you HAD to spend $1,000 on YOURSELF, how would you spend it? Something fun - an antique piece of furniture for the house - or maybe a big party of girlfriends - we'd all dress up and go to afternoon tea somewhere or hubby and I would have a vacation at a B&B...or a day at the spa. Something indulgent! (My instinct is to save it, but I know that's not the point of this question!)

Favorite thing about your house? We've done so much to make it our own -- I adore my home office - even though it's often a mess, it's a "me" space - baby gate keeps E out!

Least favorite thing about your house? I always wish for more storage (who doesn't?) and more square footage in general...

One thing you are bad at? Making time to exercise!

One thing you're good at? Multitasking!

If you could change something about your circumstances, what? To know and be at peace with the plan God has for my husband's job/career - and to squelch hubby's angst in that department

Who would you like to meet someday? My husband's grandparents - Mimi and Paps - who are with Jesus in heaven...

Who is your real life hero? My mom....a breast cancer survivor, a dedicated wife and mother, caregiver to my dimentia-ridden Granny....my mom is one of the strongest people I know. I admire her greatly and love her immeasureably. She has taught me how to be a mom and has made me grateful to be her daughter. I am lucky to have her.

What is the hardest part of your job? Staying on top of it all - mom, wife and freelance PR gal - always a balancing act.

When are you most relaxed? Whe all or most of the items are crossed off the to-do list, and I feel like I had an accomplished day that was a great blend of family time, me time and work time. (Can I tell you how often this does NOT happen?)

What stresses you out? My daughter is two. This is new territory for me! ... also, when I misplace something it drives me NUTS. For an OCD person like me, losing things is just not allowed!

What can you not live without?My Savior, my family, my friends, coffee, hot tea, my computer, the public library, my planner/organizer and chocolate.

Why do you blog? To indulge the writer in me, to keep up with family and friends....

Who Am I Tagging? Kim, Brit, and Ames

Bloggy friends? there are many! see the sidebar on our blog...which needs to be updated!

Bloggers you’d like to get to know better? R -- we've never met in person, but are kindred spirits nonetheless. We were introduced through Kim's blog.

2 comments:

R said...

I'm laughing...I was nodding my head the whole time I read this. It totally could have been mine! :0)

kristinleighkelly said...

How fun, I love glimpsing into the lives of my friends--thanks for taking the time to be tagged! klk