Thursday, May 29, 2008

Hair...on...fire!!!...

When in college and sometimes in my pre-mommy career, I often found myself using the phrase "running around like my hair is on fire..." or something similar. That trusty phase continues to serve me well ...I'm feeling like my tresses are flaming during these crazy mom-to-a-two-year-old, trying-to-keep-my-act-together summer days!

...new freelance client...good, but ACK! lots of work to do!

...two year old child continues to have two year old attitude and does NOT NAP WELL!

...lack of naps cut into time for aforementioned freelance work!

...which means freelance work happens after E goes to bed, or early in the morning

...which means I am SO TIRED...

...at one point today, I was so fried, I couldn't remember if I'd swept the kitchen or not...the darn broom was out and leaning against the fridge, but had I used it yet, or not? hmmm...

In the midst of it all, today I did manage to clean the house really well, do a lot of baking, and after E was in bed, I caught up on work for the new guy. Tomorrow, I'm taking the day off! I emailed a ton of work to new client tonight, so tomorrow, E and I are going to have a fun play day...the rest of the world can just wait!


2 comments:

Chasing Pure Simplicity said...

I say if you have to wonder if you swept the floor then it's at least clean enough!

R said...

I hear ya, sister...I hear ya. I'll be praying!