Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Four generations...


I am blessed that my Granny (my mom's mother) is still on this earth. She is my only living grandparent, as my Grandaddy (her husband) died when I was three, and my dad's parents both went to be with Jesus the year that hubby and I got married. They knew that we were engaged, but they both passed on to glory before the big day.
Over the years, Granny's health and mind have steadily failed, but there are many days that she still knows who we are and is interested in what we are doing. She always asks about "baby" (meaning our sweet E) and loves to see her whenever we visit. So it was very special to me to be able to have Granny at E's family birthday party this weekend. I cherish these moments more and more....Granny is almost 90. And I know that the days of having four generations of "the girls" all together will probably not happen too many more times. So I thank God for the time we do have with Granny, until God sees fit to take her to heaven. I love you, Granny!

1 comment:

Kimmy said...

LOVE this... FOUR generations... this is one special picture. So great... ~ kim