Monday, May 19, 2008

Mommy needs a time out...

I remember several weeks ago when my best friend told me she had to take a "time out" from her kids -- she has three children, ages 8, 4 and a 5 month old ... and she was having a trying day. She told me about taking a "time out" from them in her bedroom after her hubby came home from work one day. I thought it was a cute idea, and definitely understood how such a thing could be needed.

Today, I was the one that needed a time out! There were good things about today, but there were also very bad things about today...

The good...
...E slept until 8 a.m.!
...E slept all night!
...Hubby had jury duty today, but was dismissed after 20 minutes, giving him a freebie day off work (they told him not to come in...really!)
...Hubby worked on his honey-do list, but also got to relax
...E, Gramma and I ran some errands this morning, fun!
...I found adorable hairbows for E in the clearance bin at this wonderful store
...I found some cute wedding shower guest favors for sis-in-law's shower that I am throwing late this summer
...We had lunch at this yummy place - one of my new faves
...We had leftovers for dinner - I didn't have to cook!
...E ate aforementioned leftovers without complaint

The bad...
...E was SO poorly behaved when I went in to try on my bridesmaid dress for sis-in-law's wedding....I mean SO poorly behaved. Mom was with me and it took both of us to keep her contained
...Sizing of aforementioned bridesmaid dress -- I mean honestly, why do these dresses end up being two sizes larger than what you wear in normal clothes? If I am paying that much for a dress, could you please make the label say "size 2"? (But I will say, the dress is gorgeous and very flattering...sis-in-law has amazing taste...)
...E was also very poorly behaved at lunch and refused to eat most of her food
...E only napped a little over an hour
...and woke up in a crabby mood
...and it was so hot in our backyard this afternoon, I couldn't take her out to play to burn off energy
...it was at least 96 degrees here today....already!
...E managed to swipe a container of baby powder and "decorate" her room with it this afternoon
...and my vacuum is in the shop for repairs, so clean up of aforementioned baby powder was interesting
...vacuum being in the shop is its own tragedy (power cord needs to be re-attached)...I am a chronic vacuum-er - like at least 4 times per week....anyone else with me here? C'mon, show me some love...

It's been a Monday, for certain, and this Mommy needs a time out. After a glass of wine and some relaxation, I'm heading to bed. After all, tomorrow is another day!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Hang in there! Tomorrow is another day.. and it will be better!

Hugs from your chronic vacuum-er friend! :)

R said...

So much of this post resonates with me! It seems like MOST of my days are like that in this phase of M's life, unfortunately for me.

I can definitely relate to the vacuuming, too. I'd list it on the "other interests" part of my resume if it wouldn't make me come off so creepy! haha!