Monday, May 5, 2008

My sweet girl...


I had the sweetest Mommy moment at E's family birthday party on Sunday...

My parents gave E a beautiful antique doll cradle for a present, and inside was a stuffed Elmo. E had been running around playing with her new toys and was getting pretty nutty, when she suddenly settled down next to Elmo, picked up him, hugged on him, patted his back, then folded his hands (paws?) together and said "prayers! prayers!"....and proceeded to pray a little E-speak baby talk prayer with him. Then she picked him up, hugged him again, put him in his bed and said "I love you! Night night!"

It brought tears to my eyes to see my little girl mimicking our sweet, special bedtime routine with her little stuffed friend. So sweet and so special. A great gift to me as a mom!

Of course, after this sweet little moment, E took another look at Elmo, pointed at him, and demanded "Sleep!" I wonder if that would work on E at bed time or for middle-of the-night wakings? Ha!

1 comment:

Kimmy said...

one for her memory books for sure... precious. ~ kim