Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Traditions: Holiday Decor

I love putting up our Christmas tree each year. The decorations are not all "matchy matchy," instead we have a collection of ornaments that are special to our family....a St*rbucks coffee cup ornament, baby's first Christmas and much more. And I love multi-colored lights on a tree...it's just so home-y and old fashioned to me....


Another Christmas decorating tradition is my lighted Christmas village. My mom had one of these that she started when I was young...she expanded it each year until she ran out of room to display it on the top of her entertainment center...in fact, I have a few of her pieces...and I've run out of room too. My little lighted town has two churches, a pub, an apartment building, a Victorian home and a few little shops....and plenty of people and snowmen to bring life to the arrangement...so fun!
.

No comments: