Friday, December 28, 2007

Order restored...

There's just something about getting the house back in order after Christmas. Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas decorations...but there's something refreshing about packing up those dear treasured items, clearing the clutter, tossing the trash and getting back to the sweet simplicity of "normal" life. I've been going through my "end of the year" organizational frenzy... it's something I do each year....getting the next year's calendars in order, collecting items to donate to the needy, cleaning out unused, unwanted or outdated items and setting things straight....so refreshing!

2 comments:

R said...

Ooooh! I'm so on board with you! I'm soooo ready to begin packing up our holiday stuff too, and I've been working on my 2008 planner/calendar for several days now! I live for this time of year...I love January and new beginnings!

We had a sick baby this week and weren't able to have our families over for Christmas, so we're having to do it this weekend, thus prolonging our decorations being up. :0(

Kimmy said...

wow... that's amazing. I just packed up three bags full to donate. And already put all the birthdays in my 2008 calendar.. that was fresh, clean, neat and pretty... ahhh... I love putting out the decorations but like you - really like putting them away, too... that's so funny how alike we are.... but now on to the play room... what a mess. Wanna come over and help me with that one! (o: ~ kim