Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Katy, bar the door...


E has been an absolute maniac today -- crawling/scooting everywhere and then pulling to standing or up to her knees everywhere she stops...on her toy car, at the piano, at the magazine rack, at the topiary tree in the hallway (NO, don't touch that!...), at her toy basket, at the entertainment center (NO, don't touch the television!...) She's been dabbling with movement for months, mostly choosing to roll everywhere she wanted and needed to go. Today, everything apparently clicked, and she's off and moving - FAST! I put her down for her usual morning nap....I went in four times to check her and she was standing or sitting up in her crib playing each time. Apparently, she had too many things to do to sleep! She's finally resting now.

Speaking of maniacs, I have been on a cleaning rip today....polishing furniture, cleaning out mystery junk from drawers. I even cleaned off the top of the fridge (ew!) I was really tired because hubby kept me up a lot last night with his snoring and coughing (allergies?) Mom asked me why I didn't take a nap, I told her I was too hyper. .... and I wonder where E gets it? HA! :-)

The weather is gorgeous, if not a bit cool. I aired out the house this morning - it's been in the 60s all day. The cat has been running from window to window -- and the baby was too, when she was up....well, scooting from window to window, anyhow....

Better go take advantage of some "downtime" before E's nap ends....then we're off to the races again!

No comments: