Wednesday, June 27, 2007

40 Days and 40 Nights?

We have had so much rain in the past few months! Yesterday, it rained harder than I have ever seen it rain .... water was standing all around our home. Our rain gauge was so full, it was overflowing....it only holds five inches of water....and rain continued to come down.



Yesterday, E and I were playing with one of her toys....a soft, plush Noah's Ark.

The irony of that choice dawned on me this morning.



God did say He'd never destroy the world by flood again ~ but I suppose He wasn't specific about the Dallas/Fort Worth area!

2 comments:

Chasing Pure Simplicity said...

I keep looking out the window expecting to see the big Ark, but Noah has skipped our street so far. The rain is crazy, but at least it's keeping the Texas summer a bit cooler so far. Downside is that our front door is so swollen with the humidity that I can't open and close it. We're having to ask people to drive around back!

Amy said...

funny, but i thought the exact same thought this morning while driving through puddles on 121. God was not specific about not flooding one specific area - North Texas? This crazy weather!