Saturday, May 19, 2007

The Sunday Morning Scramble...

A comment on a friend's blog (which read "What time do you have to get up on Sunday mornings to get everyone looking like that?!") got me thinking....

What time do YOU get up on Sunday morning to get your family ready for church? Around here, my Sunday morning alarm goes off at 5 a.m.....yes, it's obscene, and I don't always get up on time (depending on how well the baby, the husband and the mommy slept the night before!!!)...but it's imperative to get up early to get everyone fed, dressed and a diaper bag packed for 8 a.m. church!

Please post your comments.

3 comments:

Kimmy said...

Well, it's 7:10 right now and I should be getting children ready to leave by 8:15... guess where I am? The computer. But I'm ready (up at 6:15)- and I got ready before the kids got up... that's key to my morning sanity. Setting out everything the night before is also what saves me... but we're always RUNNING out the door and are rarely early... (o: ~ Kim

Amy said...

The alarm goes off at 515. I am not a morning person - to me 515 qualifies as nighttime... It's all I can do to get in the shower before the alarm begins to beep. Getting ready before the little ones arise is the only way to assure we get out of the house on time (or close to the right time!)!

Christy said...

I agree with the other comments - even with an 11 year old, getting up and TOTALLY ready before the child is the key to getting out of the house on time.

On school mornings, I'm up at 5:30 with hubby and I have a few minutes to myself before I get ready ( I normally don't have to shower, as I have a morning aerobics class immediatley after dropping him off at school). . but when it's my "day off" or I don't have the class, I'm in the shower and ready. Then I can also have breakfast cooked for him before he gets up. I even have him plan his breakfast menu each weekend for the upcoming week so that there is no arguing or bickering over what he wants for bkfst. He knows the night before what will be fixed, and it allows me to start it before he gets up and to have it waiting on hem when he comes downstairs. I also make him get dressed before he comes downstairs. That way, after breakfast, the only thing left to do is brush his teeth and put shoes on. Makes for a relaxed morning.