Thursday, May 17, 2007

Simple joys....

...My sweet sis-in-law gave me a wonderful gift basket of bath goodies for my birthday, and last night I had a chance to dig into the soaps, bubble bath and other Nantucket Briar products...what a treat! Our whole bathroom smells so yummie! Thanks, sis!

...While we are talking about fun treats, sis-in-law also gave me a gorgeous Vera Bradley makeup bag in the aforementioned gift basket. I think of her every time I pull it out! Thanks again, sis! :-)

...We took a walk as a family last night ... it was so nice to just chat and enjoy the outdoors. We also met a neighbor down the street that we'd hadn't previously had the opportunity to get to know. It seems like we don't make time for those kinds of things often enough. The neighbor owns the gray cat that frequents our flowerbeds and often naps on our visitor's cars. We found out his name is Grayson...we've called him "Gray Kitty" for years...

...My sweet friend Connie (who lives in Oregon!) called last night...we were able to catch up by phone, which we haven't done in a long time. What would we do without cell phones with free minutes?

...Our precious E seems to finally be feeling better. Hooray! It's no fun to have a sick baby in the house!

1 comment:

Kimmy said...

wow - times flies... E is so cute... that is fun before you know it she'll be graduating preschool like my first born did this week! (I boo-hood like a baby!) Love reading your updates and thoughts... ~ kim