Saturday, May 19, 2007

Frugal Friday

As a stay-at-home, work-at-home Mom, I try to find ways to stretch the family dollar. We clip coupons, shop at consignment sales, accept all kinds of hand-me-downs and try not to splurge TOO often....

A girlfriend of mine introduced me to Craigslist, an online classified system where people re-sell all manner of items....I frequent the baby/kids and free pages often. Last night, I obtained 18 containers of E's favorite brand of organic baby yogurt (yes, unopened and not expired) off of the free page. A huge money savings! And while E was still a tiny baby, we purchased her Little Tikes green turtle sandbox/swimming pool off of this list for a fraction of the original retail cost.

I introduced this same girlfriend to Freecycle and rEcycle, two Yahoo! groups that you can sign up for....people post items that they no longer want, and you can email to see if you can get them. Warning - if you are interested in signing up for these, don't do so with your main personal email address...I used an "extra" email address for this...it can mean a lot of email. But the extra email is worth it! Above mentioned girlfriend got a purple dinosaur Little Tikes sandbox for her kids yesterday. E's swimsuit in the below post was from a rEcycle member that gave me a ton of little girl clothes....over the years, I've received landscaping stones, greeting cards, decorative computer paper, and much, much more!

Just some Frugal Friday tips from my corner of the world!

2 comments:

Kimmy said...

can always use tips like this... thanks! ~ Kim

Amy said...

YEAH for freecycle and Craigs list - and GREAT deals! Hope you are having a fun Saturday.