Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Organizationally obsessed...

A place for everything, and everything in its place....I will not pretend that my house is perfectly organized, perfectly clean or perfectly ready for a Martha walk-through or white glove test, but there are little things in my life that are so organized (all right, a bit obsessively so) that make me happy!





I adore paper products ... cards, notepads, sticky notes, patterned papers etc etc (we won't get started on my related love of office supplies and craft supplies, that is for another post...) But how does one keep paper products organized and easy-to-use?


Many years ago - before I ever saw something similar in the store - I created my own "greeting card file" using a few plastic shoe boxes and some marked index cards as dividers. I pick up all manner of greeting cards on clearance, on sale, or in random places and have them ready to go and at my fingertips in this nifty little file. I was feeling very smug and self-satisfied that I'd created something really smart -- until places like H*llmark actually started SELLING similar products to help keep you organized. I prefer my cheaper, much more flexible and adaptable version. It suits my needs.


My sweet husband and my dear mother both say that I am one of the last people on earth that loves written cards, thank you notes etc etc. While I do rely on e-cards and e-vites from time to time, I do adore "real" mail and the art of sending real correspondence.


It is a little OCD of me to have a card file? Probably....but it makes me happy and keeps me a little bit organized. Now, if the rest of the home office was only so tidy....hmmmm....

1 comment:

R said...

I, too, totally advocate the written note over electronic correspondence! And your card file is right up my alley...I live to organize and love paper products, too!