Sunday, February 14, 2010

Love Day: sweet times with family


A quiet Valentine's day in our house....hubby and I went out to dinner Saturday night with a giftcard from my parents while they babysat E (thanks, Mom and Dad!), but Sunday itself was set aside for a quiet family day....church, the Sunday newspaper, piddling at home, a nap for Mommy and E and a special dinner....perfection!


The scene was complete with one of E's favorite meals....grilled cheese, a banana, yogurt (which E affectionately calls "gurt", even though she knows the real name....I love this!) and milk in a cute, special Valentine's cup from her beloved preschool teacher...


I could not resist making these cute heart salad croutons. I saw the heart idea in our local paper, and remembered that sweet bloggy friend R made her own croutons a few weeks ago. R, I used your recipe, but added a few extra spices (we like things zippy around here...) YUM! I'd made something similar a long time ago, but forgot how yummy and easy this is. And who doesn't have stale bread laying around? This is a great way to use it...


And, we had one of our favorite easy meals
which uses a cheese soup and sour cream sauce
served over chicken and rice to create luscious yumminess...

Made this yummy pb and chocolate pie
from this magazine - so good and so easy!


A fun, yummy family celebration of love!

(The terms "love week" and "love day" are lovingly
and blatantly swiped from my very creative friend Kim...)

No comments: