Friday, February 26, 2010

Domestic Diva: chicken pot pies




Remember that slow cooker chicken I referenced in my post yesterday about the cream of broccoli soup? Well, I stretched it even further this week....I also made chicken pot pies!

This is another "fly by the seat of your pants" recipe...

Chicken Pot Pies
Mix shredded, cooked chicken, cooked canned or frozen veggies of your choice, salt, pepper and/or seasoned salt or herbs of choice and cream of chicken soup (or you could use cream of mushroom or even cream of potato) with one soup can of milk. Stir. Divide mixture among four big oven-proof ramekins. Top with canned biscuit dough. Bake at 350 degrees for at least 30 minutes, until filling is bubbling and biscuit dough is baked through (this is important....sometimes it's hard to tell when that dough is done...test it with a skewer, so you don't end up with a raw blob of dough under that lusciously browned crust....and don't ask me how I know this! Ha!)

(Incidentally....Hubby always jokes that I beat my whole chickens until they have nothing left to give....We always eat off a whole roasted chicken the first night, I usually make broth from bones and bits, and I use the meat shredded off the bones in casseroles, soups and more....Definitely a great way to stretch a dollar....or two!)

2 comments:

Kim said...

These posts have been great. You've given me some great ideas. I'm a by the seat of your pants cook, too. It's the best way to go!

Stacey R said...

THAT'S IT! I can't take it anymore! I'm coming over!