Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Sweet moments...


Often, after dinner, E colors in a coloring book, draws her own creations on blank paper, practices writing letters in one of her many workbooks or some other "art paper" activities (her word for it). Last night, after coloring for a while, she handed me one of her markers and told me she wanted me to help her make a list. She asked me to "write down these things I am telling you....I need to tell you the things I am thankful for."

Without any prompting, she listed her friends at school, her teacher, hubby and I, her favorite stuffed mouse and much more. It was such a sweet moment.

We've been talking a lot this week about what thanksgiving is - both the holiday and the act of being thankful. It was so sweet to hear her burst forth with her list of beloved things.

I love this sweet girl of mine!

1 comment:

Marc & Amy said...

That is soooo sweet, Ames.