Sunday, November 1, 2009

Domestic Diva Experiment: Homemade Chicken Potpie


After reading about this on a friend's F*cebook status, I knew I had to try this. I modified her recipe a bit....ohhhhh this is so good! Even if you think you don't like potpie, you'll like this. This is nothing like those little frozen discs of weird that I used to eat in college! Give it a try! Yummie! (And yes, E loved this and ate a great serving of it at dinner...)

CHICKEN POT PIE

2 (10 3/4 oz.) cans cream of potato soup
1 (16 oz.) can Veg-All (I substituted a small bag of frozen peas and carrots - I cooked them in the microwave and drained them)
2 c. chicken, cooked and diced (give or take....turkey would be great too or even ham!)
1/2 c. milk (I wish I'd used a bit more, to make it more soup-y)
Seasoned salt or other seasonings to taste - garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper
2 (9 inch) frozen pie crusts, thawed - or make your own...
1 egg, slightly beaten

Combine soup, veggies chicken, milk, and seasonings. Spoon into pie crust. If using frozen crust, remove one crust from the pie pan and use to cover top of pie. Crimp edges to seal. Slit top crust and brush with egg. Bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes. Cool 10 minutes.

No comments: