Thursday, December 8, 2011

Preparing our hearts . . .


As E gets older, I continue to find ways to find teachable moments in Advent (and all year round). Whether is a printable activities pack like this great one here, reading from a special devotion book, or simply reading from the Bible, it is important observe the time of Advent and include children. In our home, we count down to Christmas in many ways with E, including an Advent calendar, paper chain and more, but we also enjoy using our Advent wreath and reading daily devotions out of this book.

What do you do to prepare for Christmas? (and I don't mean the shopping, wrapping and baking....but you already knew that, didn't you?) :-)

Edit: I found this book in our stash - looks like another great one to use for daily devotions. I can't wait to read more about it! Also, I found a treasure inside - Ben's sweet mom bought this book for us when we got married - praying that one day she'd have a grandchild that would benefit from the devotions in this book. I found her note - in her distinctive handwriting - taped inside the book. Priceless!

No comments: