Saturday, December 4, 2010

Preparing for Christmas...


Dear friend Kim has a wonderful post talking about the many ways we can observe the time of Advent with our children. In our home, we count down to Christmas in many ways with E, including an Advent calendar, paper chain and more, but we also enjoy using our Advent wreath and reading daily devotions out of this book.

What do you do to prepare for Christmas? (and I don't mean the shopping, wrapping and baking....but you already knew that, didn't you?) :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We had an advent wreath when Phil was little. Now I read my usual Portals & "Through Christ Alone" with bible verses & comments by Luther. For evening devotions, I have advent devotions from Lutheran Indian Mission. They help keep me grounded & out of the hustle & bustle. I love that little E of yours, even thought I've never seen her in person. She reminds me of Margaret.