Friday, September 24, 2010

Domestic Diva and Little Domestic Diva Experiment: a new recipe for pumpkin bread


Remember all of that pumpkin puree that I made and froze last year? With the arrival of fall (according to the calendar, anyway), E and I decided that it was high time to make some homemade pumpkin bread. It's a favorite fall treat around here - especially for breakfast! So good with a steaming cup of coffee or glass of milk!

This year, we tried a new recipe. I followed it almost as written (omitting the pumpkin seeds -- we snacked on those last year when I made the puree!), but I did add extra cinnamon, as well as some allspice, cloves and ginger. I like my pumpkin bread on the "zippy" side. Yum!

3 comments:

Shelly said...

Super mom strikes again. Someone taught you on so well. Save me a loaf!

Signed -- one of your first babysitting clients so many long years ago.

Unknown said...

MMmmmmmm! I love pumpkin bread! One of my favs. I am holding back until October to break out my pumpkin wild side!

Tine

Anonymous said...

I printed this recipie & the next one, the Pumpkin Cider bread with Raisins & Walnuts. They both sound good, & I love pumpkin bread with plenty of ginger. Vicki