Monday, April 12, 2010

Domestic Diva Experiment: Waffles with blueberry syrup



E has been asking for waffles for breakfast for a while now. (Side note: I think this line of questioning came from E seeing an abandoned waffle in the parking lot at her school. I am sure some poor, hurried mom gave her child a frozen waffle to eat in the car while on the way to school, because there is just never enough time in the mornings. E was so sad that someone "lost" their waffle in the parking lot....that transformed into a need for mommy to make waffles!)

Although we received a spiffy Belgian waffle maker for a wedding gift, I learned afterwards that hubby prefers waffles with the "little holes"...so my mom and I made a trade. I received her ancient with-little-holes waffle maker and she has the spiffy new model. Ahem.

Anyway...I made a double batch of waffles during an installment of breakfast-for-dinner late last week. And since we had a batch of blueberries that needed to be eaten, I made some homemade blueberry syrup/sauce to go with them. Um, yum!

3 comments:

Kimmy said...

That looks SO yummy... you're such a good mom! ~kim

Anonymous said...

HEY I was not invited - PA

R said...

what cracks me up is that he prefers the little-square waffles! this SO sounds like my husband. :0)