Friday, November 2, 2007

Special memories...

Tonight we took E to our church's fall carnival. It's the same carnival I went to every year when I was growing up...the name of the event is the same, most of the games are the same...it's a quirky, sweetly familiar event.


It's so neat to be able to take my own little girl to an event like this - she can build her own memories of these fun times...and I have my own new memories of my daughter's fun at these events that layers beautifully over my childhood recollections of the same things.

My parents met us at the church for the fun, and our friends Ethan and Mommy Britney joined us for a hayride, the duck game (a favorite!), the fishing game, muffin tin surprise and more. Such a fun time!

3 comments:

Chasing Pure Simplicity said...

Elizabeth is the most "duck crazy" kid-o I've ever seen. We had a blast with you guys and what fun to have a duck game reprise!

Kimmy said...

precious... what a darling! She looks so cute in her costume... I love it. ~ kim

Anonymous said...

Love her ballerina costume! She looks so adorable! The pigtails are too cute!