Saturday, June 11, 2011

Summer school



E and I have been having fun together with "Mommy and E school" this summer. Each week, we have a theme, and we read books, do crafts incorporating that theme. (Week one's theme: fish, swimming and the beach/ocean - to fit in with our current round of swim lessons. Fun!) We also work on a variety of skills worksheets featuring spelling, math, handwriting and more. E loves to learn and loves "arting" and "worksheets" and school. This has been a great way for her to spend some of her summer time - doing something she loves!

(I am nowhere near as cool at Brit over at Living with Three Boys - her learning and lesson plans ideas each week put me to shame ... but I am proud of myself for coming up with a curriculum for E for the summer. Learning and fun, all in one!)

No comments: