Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Crazy days....

We had a really fun weekend...Friday night we took a family shopping trip to Sprouts Farmer's Market to stock up on produce...and their wonderful coffee was on sale - fill the pantry! My favorite blend is called "Midnight Stroller"! Yum!

Saturday, I ran a few errands (by myself!) in the morning, and we generally had a good "home day" that day before heading to a friend's home to have dinner with our Bible study group. A very enjoyable outing!

Saturday night/Sunday morning, E woke several times, making for a tired, cranky Mommy and a tired, sad baby during church. That, combined with the fact that E now likes to be ON THE MOVE made it hard to contain her during the service. After lunch for us and nap for her, we headed to Pottery Barn Kids to get her table and chairs for her birthday present. I agonized over this decision for months. I didn't want to spend so much on this item for her, but also wanted solid wood, and not the popular plastic options that are so widely available. After considering purchasing raw wood pieces and finishing them myself or trying to find something used on Craigslist, I finally gave up and realized that the PBK version was not really that much more expensive than buying raw furniture and doing it myself. Sigh. At least she'll have it for years and years. Ben jokes that her table and chairs is nicer than the one we have in our kitchen!!! (He's actually correct!).

Sunday night, I managed to run into the doorframe in our kitchen and break the little toe on my right foot. It's a rather lovely shade of purple/black right now and feels achy. Good thing it's flip flop season!

E has been fussy, cranky and whiny. She has a little cough, a drippy nose, and the elusive teeth still have not come through. I told her she cannot be sick for her birthday party on Saturday! That just is not acceptable! Hopefully, she'll be feeling better by then. Night time sleep has still been "iffy" - making us all grumpy. So the week is full of naps, coffee, and party prep -- regardless, we are looking forward to her celebration this weekend! Let them eat cake!

1 comment:

Philip Heath said...

I think you'll be glad that you went with a solid, wood table and chair set. They won't turn over as easy, and they'll hold up to wear and tear much better. It's a classic suck it up once and pay less in the long run deal.